Cool Shots of the Space Shuttle Over D.C.

April 18, 2012 at 12:49 pm 6 comments

Maxwell_Kruger

The Space Shuttle Discovery gave Washington, D.C., residents quite the photo op yesterday. The retired orbiter flew on the back of a NASA 747 from Kennedy Space Center in Florida up to Dulles Airport, where it will have a permanent home next door at the Udvar-Hazy Center, part of the National Air and Space Museum. But before heading to Dulles, it flew a few passes over the nation’s capital.

Maxwell Kruger ’09, whose photography we featured in the magazine a few years ago when he was still a student, got himself up on a rooftop for the flyover. You can see one result of his efforts above, and more at this blog entry.

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: , , .

For Coquese Washington, an Emotional Renewal of Vows Remembering ‘the Heart’ of the Scandal

• 1. Zaneeta E. Daver  |  April 18, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Tina, since this photo is posted without a watermark on this page, anyone can download it and use it as thier own. I’d suggest you your put Maxwell’s watermark on it, the way he has done on his own website. These are amazing and he deserves the credit and for no one to steal his image.

• 2. Tina Hay  |  April 18, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Zaneeta — Thanks for looking out for the photographer! Not enough people do that these days. In this case I emailed Maxwell to get an image we might use, and the images he sent were un-watermarked. He just asked that we size them down enough so that no one could make a print from them. I could ask him if he wants to reconsider and send us a watermarked version instead. –Tina

• 3. Zaneeta E. Daver  |  April 18, 2012 at 3:59 pm

All is good then :-) His shots are the best I have seen so I wanted to make sure he got credit.

• 4. Steve '69 in VA  |  April 19, 2012 at 9:28 am

I live in N VA and planes approaching Dulles landing from the south pass over my house but I didn’t see the shuttle live. My son works near Dulles and he got to see it on the two fly overs that it did out there. For those interested here is a link he sent me to a Yahoo group that has posted many photos from people that took pictures from various place around DC.

Steve ’69 in VA

• 5. Tina Hay  |  April 19, 2012 at 11:18 am

Steve, some of those shots are spectacular! Thanks for posting the link.

• 6. Anonymous  |  May 8, 2012 at 4:30 am